Sunday 18 March 2012

Red Dead Redemption

I got this game for christmas a few years back.  I had done about 50% of the storyline, without really aiming for any of the trophies.  Then my obsession with trophies kicked in and I decided that this game was going to be one of the first ones I would try to get all the trophies for.  So I started going out of my way to accomplish the things that were needed for the trophies.
There were a few that took some real effort, such as the unnatural selection trophy, which requires you to kill every animal species in the game.  Now normally I would not do this if I was just playing through the game like a normal person, but I was no longer a normal person, I was now a trophy collector, and that meant hours of riding around a rather substantial map, killing everything that moved, just in case it was one of the animals I was missing.  This was also before the days that I realised you could find lists and locations for almost every game ever, online.

To this day I still do not have the platinum trophy for this game, and am just missing the three online trophies: Posse Up!, The Quick and Everyone Else..., how the West Was Won.  I'm not sure why I haven't done them yet, I think I'm probably just to lazy to grind till level 50 in the multiplayer, although I think I might try it again if there is ever a double or triple XP weekend for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment